What has Viagra done?

Viagra was introduced for treating erectile dysfunction in 1998. Since then it has brought in billions of dollars and sales, and dominates the market for sexual dysfunction medication with 45 % of sales over its competitors. Viagra, also known as sildenafil citrate, works by relaxing the smooth muscle lining of certain blood vessels, causing them to expand and fill with blood. In males, this helps them to get a full erection. Sounds great, right? Well, actually of the men who have used Viagra, or similar drugs for erectile dysfunctions 70% do not respond well to it. The multiple side effects, and lack of efficacy have caused men suffering from erectile dysfunction to discontinue the use of these erection-inducing drugs. For the remaining 30% of men who are satisfied with the use of their medications, like Viagra, it’s important to understand any long-term effects taking these drugs may have on the body. With Viagra recently celebrated its 20th year in the pharmaceutical market, we now have the history and research to understand any long-term effects of taking this drug, or others like it.

Long-term effects of taking Viagra, include:

•Sensory loss
oBoth auditory and vision loss have been reported with long-term Viagra use. There is a risk of retinal hemorrhaging and vascular disease, according to the National Library of Medicine.
•Cerebrovascular and cardiovascular
oCerebrovascular hemorrhage, transient ischemic attack (TIA), cardiomyopathy (enlarged heart), arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) have all been reported long-term side effects. Strokes and heart attacks are on the list for short-term side effects, but it’s very important for any patients suffering from a heart condition to be fully aware of these long-term and short-term effects.
•Gastro-intestinal and genito-urinary systems
oIncreased frequency of dyspepsia (diarrhea)
oGastritis
oReflux
oIncontinence
oAnorgasmia (the inability to ejaculate)
•Psychological Dependency

Both short-term and long-term effects are associated with any medication, and for some men the effects far outweigh the benefits reaped by their continued use of drugs, like Viagra. For men looking for a way to treat erectile dysfunction with less side effects, there are other options.

Why we are the best sexual health clinic

The Indianapolis Men’s Clinic is a facility staffed with well-trained physicians and only focus on men’s sexual health. We do not prescribe these popular erection-inducing drugs, like Viagra, Cialis, or Levitra. We simply feel the side effects and lack of efficacy are not worth the risks to patient health. We exclusively offer custom-blended sublingual medications for our erectile dysfunction patients. Our 97% success rate for custom men’s treatments, shows the effectiveness of our treatment. If you have not been satisfied with your experience taking Viagra, or if you have been a long-term Viagra user and are concerned with the side effects, contact the Indianapolis Men’s Clinic to learn more about our custom-blended sublingual medications. You can visit our website for more information, or schedule a consultation with one of our specialist by calling (317) 999-9000 or schedule online.